Friday, April 13, 2012

Seascapes

A peculiar creative silence overtook us.  A big wave could have taken us out.  Later, I noticed her wading into the surf.  She was glowing.  I squeezed out more Aureolin hue (yellowish paint).


Robert Genn


Sarah, 1st Grade Artist
Posted by Picasa

Jerome, 1st Grade Artist

1st Grade Watercolor Seascapes


These lovely seascapes were painted with liquid watercolors which the students loved using!  I love using them because the colors are so brilliant and a little goes a long way.   There is a book  I wanted to share with the kids called Water by Frank Asch The artwork looks like it's all been done with watercolors and this provided the inspiration for these pieces.
 I have a huge rug for the kids to sit on while we look at artwork or while I demonstrate a particular process. This is when I  demonstrated how to draw a seascape along with a boat and water. Afterwards, the kids went to their tables and started their own.

 

2 comments: