Friday, September 2, 2011

Inquiry Based Learning


A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery, author and aviator (1900-1945)
http://wordsmith.org/


Inquiry implies a "need or want to know" premise. Inquiry is not so much seeking the right answer -- because often there is none -- but rather seeking appropriate resolutions to questions and issues. Students become active seekers rather than passive absorbers.


Exploring the art element of texture...

How can I transform this paper? What can I do to give it texture? How many different kinds of textures can I create? How do I arrange my composition so that it pleases me as an artist?  How do the shadows play on my other pieces?





An old adage states:
Tell me and I forget, show me and I remember, involve me and I understand."
                                                                                                                                      Joe Exline


This Week in Art... from Gabriela Elizalde on Vimeo.

Whewww!

No comments:

Post a Comment